Life Reflection
600 days to go—yet life spins faster than ever before.
Why, as the horizon nears, does the whirlwind only roar?
New roles beckon, new responsibilities weigh,
A bolder spirit, fortified with courage each day.
Yet here I stand—
In realms unfamiliar, treading sands not planned.
Support, once steadfast, now shifting beneath,
Regrets accrue; time’s lease is brief.
My strength wanes, my vigor fades,
In twilight’s shadow, even the brightest light shades.
With each tick, a little less time,
Each tock, a sterner climb.
Disappointments linger, grievances nest,
Life’s tumult, a relentless test.
Ups and downs, oversight and error,
Yet amidst the chaos, a diminishing terror.
For I am faced with choices stark—
To retreat to comfort’s quiet or embark.
To shun each new challenge, each fresh demand,
Or embrace the storm, and steadfastly stand.
The calls for action, the cries for aid,
Can I turn away, remain unswayed?
If I rise to meet the needs, to answer the pleas,
Surrendering self for the greater ease.
Then life, relentless, spins more dreams,
Concocts new schemes, beams new beams.
Unstoppable, unslowing, a force untamed,
In this vortex of ventures, am I reclaimed?
To live not for self, but for others devout,
To craft a legacy, undeterred by doubt.
What will be the story told at my parting crest?
How will I sculpt the moments left, to invest?
Thus, I resolve—let life whirl its maelstroms,
Let it paint the skies with vibrant aplombs.
To live richly, with intentions grand,
A life that in giving, truly stands.
For this singular journey, a gift divine,
A pilgrimage to cherish, a narrative to refine.
Let it be a testament, pure and precise,
To honor the One, my one and only Lord, my eternal prize.
~ Doria with ChatGPT
My first attempt in this reflection poem :-
600 days to go ! Why is that I feel life is spinning faster than when I first started?
New role, New responsibility,
Bolder spirit, Bolder inner-strength,
Unfamiliar surrounding, Unfamiliar support,
Too short to plan, Too much regrets to start so late,
And I have
Weaker body, Weaker strength,
Little time left, Little strength remains
Not to mention
Some disappointment, Some grievance
Few ups and downs, Few oversights
But then I realise I do have a choice,
To choose to do less, to choose to care less,
To avoid new challenge, to avoid headache
But then I
Heard the call to act, Head the cry for help
Can I refuse to hear, Can I decline to help ?
What if I
Obey the call for actions, Obey the cry for help
Contribute my best, Contribute my all
Then Life will
Spin up more ideas, Spin up more projects
Cannot slow down, Cannot stop
And I am
To live unselfishly, To live sacrificially
To decide what is my legacy, To decide how it to end.


Comments
Post a Comment